The mission of Jordan Ridge Elementary is: We are learners who lead. We commit to succeed. The school is working to provide students with a learning climate that will enable them to grow academically, physically, socially and emotionally. Our goal is to help each student master the basic skills and develop a life-long appreciation for learning.
- Jordan Ridge serves students in kindergarten through sixth grade. The school opened in 1987. Current enrollment is 975 and stable.
- The school features all self-contained classrooms with exterior windows and interior hall skylights. A media center, multipurpose center, cafeteria, office suite and specialty areas complete the layout of the school. Portable classrooms have been erected to meet enrollment demands.
- Jordan Ridge is a year-round school with four attendance tracks. Each track is in session for 45 days followed by a 15-day vacation. In most instances, families may select the track with the vacation schedule they prefer. The school takes a common vacation in July.
- The school colors are silver, red and blue and the mascot is an eagle.
- The teacher/pupil ratio is 1 to 22 in Kindergarten, 1 to 22 in first grade, 1 to 22 in second grade, 1 to 22 in third grade and 1 to 26 in grades four, five and six. The actual class sizes vary.
- A delicious hot lunch is prepared in our kitchen daily.
- Jordan Ridge Elementary staff includes 40 certificate teachers and specialists. In addition, 22 classified employees serve in various other capacities.
- All Jordan Ridge teachers hold current teaching certificates. Several teachers have earned advanced degrees and educational endorsements beyond the regular teaching certificate.
- All staff members are formally evaluated on a regular basis for the purpose of improving performance. Teachers continually participate in in-service classes to improve instructional skills.
- One full-time resource teacher is available to help students who are struggling academically. Full-time guidance and speech specialists are also on staff.
- Teachers work together in teams to meet individual student needs. Weekly collaboration among teachers aid in this process.
- Jordan Ridge is home to the Accelerated Learner Program (ALPS) for academically gifted students. ALPS is designed to accelerate the curriculum, to infuse creativity and critical thinking into curriculum, and to provide appropriate learning experiences for academically talented students.
- Special programs have been designed for students with learning disabilities, speech and communication difficulties, and behavioral disorders. These students are served through a special education program.
- The STAR reading program, as well as our school Literacy Facilitator, are used to tutor students who are struggling in reading.
- The school recently reached a 1:1 technology status. Students have access to Chromebooks or iPads in the classroom as well as an updated computer lab.
- A School Community Group meets regularly to discuss local school problems, review District and state problems, and make recommendations for action to the principal.
- The Parent Teacher Association is an active organization at Jordan Ridge. Volunteers spend hundreds of hours annually, assisting teachers and students in the classrooms.
- Parents and community volunteers are encouraged to participate at Jordan Ridge. Volunteers help teachers with clerical tasks and small group instruction.
- Visitors are always welcome at Jordan Ridge. Please make arrangements with the office before entering classrooms.
- We enjoy parent and community involvement, and student progress in academics and self-discipline is exceptional.