The Leader in Me
Jordan Ridge Elementary
CODE OF STUDENT CONDUCT
Jordan Ridge Elementary is a Leader in Me school. We believe that a focus on helping students identify and utilize their own leadership abilities helps them function well at school and in other aspects of their life. Some ways students may demonstrate their personal leadership is listed below.
Jordan Ridge Students are Proactive by….
- Arriving at school by 8:25
- Obeying school rules and showing courtesy to others
- Cleaning up an area before leaving (classroom, gym, lunchroom)
Jordan Ridge Students Begin with the End in Mind by….
- Doing their best work
- Attending school every day
- Dressing appropriately for school
Jordan Ridge Student Put First Things First by….
- Turning in assignments on time
- Having good attendance
- Setting time aside for homework and completing it on time
Jordan Ridge Students Think Win-Win by….
- Seeking to solve conflict by looking for good solutions to problems
- Taking care of the school building and equipment inside the building
- Taking care of textbooks and other school materials
Jordan Ridge Students Seek First to Understand, Then to be Understood by….
- Listening to the ideas of others
- Talking positively to staff, visitors, and other students
- Showing in action that another’s perspective is understood
Jordan Ridge Students Synergize by….
- Working together with adults and other students to learn and grow
- Playing cooperatively at recess and during other group activities
- Participating and sharing ideas
Jordan Ridge Students Sharpen the Saw by….
- Being active in P.E. and during recess
- Pursing and developing talents and abilities in and out of school
- Finding meaningful ways to help others at school and in our community